Back to Standards Index
Standards: Clause 4.1
4.1. Information, whether disseminated directly by the RTO or on its behalf, is both accurate and factual, and:
a) accurately represents the services it provides and the training products on its scope of registration;
b) includes its RTO Code;
c) refers to another person or organisation in its marketing material only if the consent of that person or organisation has been obtained;
d) uses the NRT Logo only in accordance with the conditions of use specified in
e) makes clear where a third party is recruiting prospective learners for the RTO on its behalf;
f) distinguishes where it is delivering training and assessment on behalf of another RTO or where training and assessment is being delivered on its behalf by a third party;
g) distinguishes between nationally recognised training and assessment leading to the issuance of AQF certification documentation from any other training or assessment delivered by the RTO;
h) includes the code and title of any training product, as published on the National
Register, referred to in that information;
i) only advertises or markets a non-current training product while it remains on the
RTO’s scope of registration;
j) only advertises or markets that a training product it delivers will enable learners to obtain a licensed or regulated outcome where this has been confirmed by the industry regulator in the jurisdiction in which it is being advertised;
k) includes details about any VET FEE-HELP, government funded subsidy or other financial support arrangements associated with the RTO’s provision of training and assessment; and
l) does not guarantee that:
i) a learner will successfully complete a training product on its scope of registration; or
ii) a training product can be completed in a manner which does not meet the requirements of Clause 1.1 and 1.2; or
iii) a learner will obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of the RTO.
Have you documented your process for ensuring marketing material is appropriate prior to publication?
If so, check that it covers:
- who checks and approves that marketing material is accurate before it is published
- what things are to be checked
- how to get permission to publish from an identifiable person in the material
- where out-of-date marketing material is archived and how long it is kept
- what happens to out-of-date printed marketing material.
- Information about a third party who is recruiting learners for your RTO is included in the marketing material used by that recruiter.
- Information about the supervising RTO is included if your RTO is delivering training/assessment under their scope.
- Accredited and non-accredited training is not included in the same marketing material as it has the potential to be misleading.
- Any government financial support associated with the training covered by the marketing material is outlined in the marketing material.